CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 30, 2010

You've got HOW many people?

I have to admit, when I was asked to do a family beach session for 22 people, the majority being children, I was BEYOND nervous. You would think that I would feel just a teeny bit better because I knew some members of the family, but instead, it just doubled the anxiety because I so badly wanted to please my friends.

I met Butch through my 'day job' and just loved him from the start. He is easy-going, genuine, and hilarious! I knew before I had ever met his wife, Mari Kae, that she must be really special to have ended up with this sweet, crazy, funny guy. And I was right. Together, they are the life of the party and I just love them both.

So, it was no surprise to me when I met the rest of the family, and they were just as mellow, funny, and good-natured as Butch and Mari Kae. Not to mention... what a gorgeous family! There are six adult "kids" - 2 guys and a gal for Butch, and three gorgous ladies for Mari Kae. Collectively, they have TWELVE grandchildren (and one more on the way, I believe!). Needless to say, it was a challenge to get a decent shot of that many people, but we did it! :)



After, we spent a lot of time on the beach getting all the seperate family/kids/etc. shots.

Here is my absolute favorite, and I couldn't think of a better family to attempt this shot with. Love it!



I loved the grandkids, too, and especially fell in love with the littlest ladies of the bunch.




Here is another favorite shot. I love how the three (so-adorable-it-ought-to-be-outlawed) rough & tumble little boys are just pounding through the sand, while their beautiful little sister delicately skips along, trying to keep up. Just priceless.




Thank you, Butch and Mari Kae, for being awesome people AND trusting me with your beautiful family. I had an amazing time with you all!

"The advantage of growing up with siblings is that you become very good at fractions." ~ Robert Brault

2 comments:

Wayne said...

Excellent photos, as usual. Where have you been?? BTW I counted 23 in the top one. lol.

Momma Fargo said...

Did you not just crap your pants at 22? LOL. Wonderful pics. I especially like the baby in the air one. Did he catch her, I hope? :)