CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 26, 2010

What good is a castle without a princess?

Seeing as Elizabeth has two older brothers who have effectively taught her to behave like a bear cub in the wild, she has grown to be a bit of a tomboy.

Now, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. In fact, I'm proud that my little girl can stand up for herself and put those boys in their place.

However, you know, I had my fun dressing and playing with two boys, and I sort of thought that maybe...just maybe... I might get to throw the occassional dress on Liz.

I thought wrong.

She throws wild fits when I attempt to put her in anything but stretchy pants! Which is fine & dandy on daycare days, but hey - when we go somewhere "special", I would really love to see her in something a little cuter.

To my surprise, Sue, who is Liz's daytime caretaker Monday - Friday, confessed to me that Liz OFTEN wears princess - yes, PRINCESS - dresses at her house with the other little girls.

Liz?

MY Liz?

No way.

I'm not sure how I did it (okay, perhaps the lollipop bribe did the trick), but I finally convinced her to put on this GORGEOUS princess dress that my Aunt Vicki made with love for her.

So, without further ado, here is my little Princess, looking beautiful in her gown... in photos I never thought I'd ever get the opportunity to take.







"Hear ye, Hear ye!"



This next photo is my favorite from the shoot! I'm curious to hear... which do you prefer?

The "Normal"?



Or the more "storybook" look? (Do you like this look at all? I'm sort of on the fence.)



The next photo is another favorite. There's something I love about her innocence here. She's getting big, and fast! So I was pleased to capture her in all her baby-faced toddler glory.



Another edit on this photo...





And, of course, I learned a valuable lesson in this:

You can put a princess dress on a goofy little tomboy....





and she's still going to be a goofy little tomboy. (And that's okay.) :)


"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." - Cinderella

4 comments:

Rbarakat said...

Very cute little princess!

Brandy said...

I just love the bed! Marc did an awsome job! As or the pics, I really like the "story book" look. You do an amazing job but then I have told you that many times over. She is just as precious as can be.
Awsome. Just awsome.

~ dswv ~ said...

I think I like the "normal" more or maybe the two versions equally...guess I'm on the fence too.
In any case, she is the most adorable goofy little tomboy princess. Awesome, frame-able shots there.

Momma Fargo said...

Tell the beautiful princess to stay in the tower...it's safer. LOL. She is a doll.