CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Project 365, Day 291 (10/21/09) Aaaaaand...it begins.

Logan is having his first sleepover at a friend's house on Friday, so the two boys chatted on the phone tonight about their plans. It was SO weird seeing Logan walk around like a little adult, gabbing with his friend.



I couldn't help but think... "this is where it all begins." Soon he'll have boys AND girls calling him all hours of the day and kids will be in and out of our house.

I chuckled to myself, though, when I looked in Logan's overnight bag the next night and saw that he'd packed a book. I pictured him yawning, then announcing, "I'll just be reading a chapter or two before I retire for the evening." Ha! So cute... so innocent to think that he wouldn't be tearing up the room with his little buddy half the night. I loved it.

Friday evening when he was gone, I was putting some things away in his room and discovered that his beloved "Zabra and Raf", whom he has slept with every night since infancy, were still in his bed. I'm not sure if he forgot them or left them behind, but either way, my heart broke. Just a little.

I suppose he's got to grow up sometime, but, between you & me, I think I'd like to keep him right where he's at...just a little while longer.

"We've had bad luck with our kids - they've all grown up." ~Christopher Morley

1 comments:

Deb said...

So cute. Yep, each stage is a little heartbreaking--hug him while you can :)