CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Project 365, Day 289 (10/19/09) The best. Apple. Dumplings. EVER.

My friend Deb pointed out this great recipe site to me called "Our Best Bites". As I was scouring around over there, I came across a recipe for "Easy Apple Dumplings". Well, I LOVE apple dumplings, and any recipe with the word "easy" in it speaks to me, so I thought I would give it a whirl!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH my goodness; it really WAS easy... and tastes incredible! They are also great warmed up.

DO NOT.... I repeat... DO NOT attempt to serve this without a scoop of vanilla ice cream. I like Hudsonville's regular vanilla.

Okay... maybe you could serve it without ice cream, but I just think it's better off with it.

Without further ado, here is the recipe, courtesy of Our Best Bites. Be sure to stop on over there for more deliciousness!

Easy Apple Dumplings

2 cans “original” crescent rolls
2 med-large apples; any variety
1 ½ C sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2 sticks butter
12 oz. Squirt (as in soda) ; others that will work: Mountain Dew, Sprite, 7up
Cinnamon


• Preheat oven to 350 and spray bottom of a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray
• Peel apples and cut into 1/8 slices
• Wrap one apple slice in one dough triangle and place in bottom of pan
• Melt butter, sugar, and vanilla in medium saucepan & pour over dumplings
• Pour soda over dumplings
• Shake cinnamon on as desired
• Bake for 45-50 minutes
• Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!





"Okay, this recipe goes against everything I stand for. I'm a staunch supporter of homemade pie crusts and am not a huge fan of refrigerated crescent rolls. Cooking with soda is one of those Southern traditions like eating squirrel and pickling okra that I just have a hard time getting behind. And yet...this is easily in my top 3 dessert recipes. Ever." ~ Writer, Our Best Bites.com

1 comments:

Deb said...

Can't wait to try these :) I LOVE www.ourbestbites.com