CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Project 365, Day 286 (10/13/09) "Helper"

One day I let Liz pull up a chair and help me make dinner. Since, she's been dragging her chair over every time I'm in the kitchen. Tonight she helped me make vegetable beef soup to slow cook for tomorrow.




By the way, this is REALLY easy to make and is super yummy. My picky little anti-veggie eaters even like it. So here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup

1 large jug V-8 juice
2 C water
8 beef bouillon cubes
1 small onion; diced
2 – 16 oz. bags frozen mixed veggies
3 med-large potatoes; peeled and cubed
1-2 lbs. stew meat; cut into 1” cubes
Salt, pepper, etc. as desired


• Cook in a crock pot on low 8-9 hours. Goes great with bread and salad!



"Ever notice that Soup for One is eight aisles away from Party Mix?" ~ Elayne Boosler

2 comments:

Deb said...

Nice work Liz...in a couple years Mom can let you take over all the cooking :)

Lex said...

I still have this recipe of yours from the mommy forum, and we (my hubby especially) REALLY enjoy it. Especially when I throw some roll makings in the breadmaker to go with it. ;-)