CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 23, 2009

Project 365, Day 276 (10/3/09) "Pirate Piggy Party"

Me: Liz, what kind of party do you want?

Liz: PINK!

Me: Ummmmmm, pink? Oh-kayyyyyy.... what about a PIRATE party?

Liz: YEAH! A pirate PIGGY party!

Me:(Silence. Confusion.)

Then I remembered that she'd watched Dora's Pirate Adventure, and that there were pirate piggies in the movie.

Sooooooooooo I tried to incorporate some "pirate piggies" into her party. Let's see if you can spot them along the way, shall we? :)

First, the food. Since we incorporated Dora into the festivities, I figured why not make a mexican feast?






This was nicely accented by the watermelon ship, which Marc carved in an effort to show up my cake. (Hmpf.)



I snapped a few quick shots of the decor, but the guests had already arrived by the time I realized I hadn't done so yet, so I didn't get many "detail shots".





Here are a couple of piggies that were randomly thrown in to meet Liz's party requirements. This one was a luau pig from her last party... I just gave him a wardrobe adjustment.



This one was a Dollar Store find that was plain, before its pirate transformation.






The things I ask Marc to do sometimes. Seriously. I'm glad he humors me. Here is THE "pirate piggy" that started it all. Marc drew it himself just by glancing at a picture in a book. Pretty sweet, huh?



Later, Liz took her lack-of-nap frustrations out on the pinata,





and blew out the candles on her shipwrecked cake.





"In childhood, we yearn to be grown-ups. In old age, we yearn to be kids. It just seems that all would be wonderful if we didn't have to celebrate our birthdays in chronological order." ~ Robert Brault

1 comments:

Deb said...

Looks like fun, fun, fun. Tell Marc wtg on the watermelon---nice work!