CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

Project 365, Day 249 (9/6/09) It's petti-ful, what I put this kid through.

So when Liz received these boots on her 2nd birthday, I knew I wanted to have a photo shoot with Liz involving them.

Well, you know how life gets, and soon enough I was sweating the fact that maybe she'd outgrow them before I was able to photograph her in them!

I just couldn't let that happen. So I bribed her with a giant lollipop, through a petti skirt on her, slipped on her zebra boots, and off we went to the playground.

Hard to believe my little sweetie will soon be

.


The lollipop worked at first,



and she managed to stand still for a few seconds here and there,







but nap time was approaching, and it wasn't long before the attitude came out.

(Luckily I had my camera ready to capture it! Mind you, this was a completely Liz-directed pose... I did NOT tell her to do this...)




Right after I took that shot, she declared alound, "I'M DONE." and stomped off.
Like this:



However, the mere mention of a milk shake brought her back.





Hmmm...wow... I think I found the perfect quote for what I'm feeling lately & what these photos portray!

"A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) oftener than anyone else in the world. She can jitter around, and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves; yet just when you open your mouth, she stands there, demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is Innocence playing in the mud, Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot." -- Alan Beck

2 comments:

deb said...

OMG!! Those images are FANTASTIC. I love, love, love that outfit. She is so dang cute!

I would love a pair of those boots for me :)

Bethany said...

Well, your birthday's coming up... :)