CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 18, 2009

Project 365, Day 137 (5/17/09) Dad-tastic.

Every year, the local newspaper runs a section for Father's Day with pictures of area daddies. They award a prize for most comial, look-alike, and best in show. I really wanted to have a nice snapshot to enter this year, so we trudged out to the state park for a few shots last night.

I was SO proud to get this super cute shot of my favorite people in the world




because my photos of them usually look more like this.




Oh....okay, okay... I swapped Liz's head in Photoshop!


My goal was really to get Marc and Elizabeth's "annual" shot, though. You see, in 2007 when she visited the state park for the first time, I took this photo of the two of them:

Photobucket

When we returned in 2008, I thought we should re-create the same shot.

Photobucket

Then it occurred to me, how cool it would be to do this every single year until Liz is 18. Then we can hang all the photos up at her graduation party, even. :) So... here is 2009's shot.



and another...



"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself." ~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery

1 comments:

Deb said...

Awwww...so cute.

Gotta love the headswap capabilities of PS :)