CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 6, 2009

Project 365, Day 94 (4/4/09) Lizards and snakes and birthdays... Oh, my!

Today Marc's parents joined us at the Midland Center for the Arts for their "Lizards and Snakes Alive!" exhibit. Though anything that moves without legs (except fish) scares the bejesus out of me, this was really pretty enjoyable. Here are a few shots from the day. Excuse the quality of some; flash photography was not allowed at the exhibit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Later, we headed over to my dad's house for Grandma's surprise 80th birthday party. I really don't see much of my family, since every time we visit we have a jam-packed schedule. So it was nice to be able to visit with them some.

Also, my kids were able to, for the first time, really, play with my cousins' children. This was really special for me, since I enjoyed playing with my cousins so much when we were growing up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bless her heart, but Gram thought the party was for my nephew Alex (who turned THIRTEEN on Sunday... Happy Birthday, Alex!), and didn't question why there were pink and white balloons everywhere. Her expressions, when presented with her cake while we serenaded her, were priceless.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Grandma loved her lotto ticket tree,

Photobucket


but the best gift was from my sister Angie, who had lovingly made a beautiful quilt out of my Grandpa's favorite shirts so that Gram would always have a little part of him near her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Family is a river that polishes stone. A rock out of water is rough on its own."
~ Wes Fessler

1 comments:

Deb said...

Quilt story made me all teary eyed....that is a beautiful gift. Love the lotto tree.