CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Project 365, Day 86 (3/27/09) Things I'll miss someday.

You can't walk into any room in my house without seeing a trace of one or more child. I get tired of trying to maintain all of this "clutter", no doubt.

But I know that someday, when the house is quiet... someday, when I can read a book uninterrupted...someday, when there are no more crusts to cut off a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and no more spilled milk to clean up...someday, when no one wakes me in the middle of the night just to comfort them... when no one is around to draw me stick figure self portraits or bring me painted wooden vegetables to "eat".... when I have no one to read to at night or tuck in safely into their bed... when no one colors on my walls or leaves globs of toothpaste on the bathroom sink or hides candy wrappers under a toy box...there are sights; every day sites, that I'm going to miss. Someday.

Like the star charts, teacher's notes, and artwork threatening to force my refrigerator to topple forward.

Photobucket

The baby dolls placed sporadically throughout the house.

Photobucket

The toys I trip over in the middle of the night while on my way to answer the call of a child at three A.M.

Photobucket

The comic book hero decor.

Photobucket

The little things that end up in places that make no sense.

Photobucket

The piles of drawings and writings that I can't bear to throw away.

Photobucket

Art projects proudly displayed as though they are a priceless piece of fine art. (Because they are.)

Photobucket

The sippy cups and toddler-sized silverware.

Photobucket

Little shoes lost in a pile of footwear by the door

Photobucket

and the little coats that were selected with care to keep our little ones warm.

Photobucket

Yes, these are just a few of the things....that I will miss someday.


"While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about."
~Angela Schwindt

0 comments: