CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Project 365, Day 64 (3/5/09) Things you should know about Giant Squids.

All of the second graders in Logan's school were asked to select any one animal that they wished to use as the subject of a new project. I'm thinking while most of the children probably entertained ideas such as cats, gorillas, tigers, etc... my little Logan rolled with the Giant Squid. Indeed.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Logan was SO excited about his project that as soon as he had the poster board, he went ahead and began writing about the giant squid without any help.

Photobucket

Later, when Marc and I asked him about his resources and some of his statements, he told us, "I'm pretty sure those are facts. I think maybe I read that somewhere."

So... given his confidence in educating the world on this creature, let me share some facts with you about the giant squid:

1. All giant squids have eight arms and two tentacles.

2. The giant squid eats crabs and lobsters.

3. Giant squids have sunken many ships!

4. Giant squids can be very dangerous because they can kill over 20 people!

Photobucket

No need to thank me for passing along this important bit of safety information. I have a good source. :)


"There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million." ~Walt Streightiff

0 comments: