CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Project 365, Day 42 (2/11/09) Salute.

As I mentioned before, my Grandpa had a military service at his funeral. After the 7-gun salute, the empty shells were collected for the grandkids and/or great-grandkids to keep in memory of grandpa. I didn't collect any that day, but my sister Angie ended up mailing three shells to me - one each for Logan, Jackson, and Elizabeth. I think they'll appreciate this when they're a bit older.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This photo is of my Grandma... the love of Grandpa's life for over 63 years. He carried a smaller version of this photo of 18-year-old Grandma in his wallet since the day she gave it to him. These two had what people long for. It is truly beautiful.

Photobucket

"She glances at the photo, and the pilot light of memory flickers in her eyes." ~Frank Deford

1 comments:

Deb said...

Awwwwwww. That was so nice of your sister. I LOVE the last photo.