CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Down on the Farm with Michael... 2009 Senior

I met Michael

Photobucket

his mom Tina, and aunt Tonia at the Custer farm where Michael spends a lot of his time tending to the cattle. They must've thought I was some kind of "city girl" and were surprised that I'd brought my own boots for tromping around the farm. (I should've showed up in stilletos just to see their reaction, hee hee! :) )


Michael literally went from finishing his chores

Photobucket

to throwing on different clothes to wear for his photos. He was not thrilled at first about having his picture taken, but was very much a gentleman, and we got some great shots and had a few laughs. (I guess there's something a little humorous about making a photographer step around cow patties? :) )

This was my first "farm shoot", and there were SO many great locations for unique shots. Plus, Michael was right at home here.

Here are a few more of my favorites from the farm:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then headed out to Michael's Uncle Danny's house to pick up his snowmobile

Photobucket

for some action shots.

Photobucket

A couple of Michael's good friends, Jacob & Eric, were riding their snowmobiles when they happened to see us drive by and decided to join us.

Long story short, we ended up crossing a field on the snowmobiles (me with my camera bag around my neck) to reach a beautiful, hilly area where the guys have spent many days riding dirt bikes, three-wheelers, and snowmobiles.

Though I got quite a workout stomping through (and falling down in) the deep snow, we ended up with some really cool shots of Michael doing what he loves to do. (At this point, I think he decided that having Beth take his senior pictures wasn't SO bad after all. :) )

Photobucket


Mike also wanted a few shots with his buddies,

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and I was happy to oblige. It took several attempts, but finally we got a couple of shots of the guys all lined up in action, and they never complained about all my "do-over!" requests. Imagine that!




(Disclaimer... Yes, they are not wearing helmets. They are all 18 and Mike's mom was present... so don't shoot the messenger! :) )


This was one of the most fun photo shoots I've ever been on. Michael, his mom, and aunt Tonia are such fun-loving, down-to-earth people. Thank you all so much for allowing me to do this! I had a blast!


So... at this point, I'm thinking... am I going to be the photographer that takes those jobs that no one else wants to? If snowmobiling, bass boating and two-tracking are going to be involved.... I don't think I'll mind much! :)


"A bad day of snowmobiling is better than a good day at work." ~ Unknown

1 comments:

Deb said...

What a great variety of nice images.