CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Rudolph the red-nosed cookie

Don't ask me why I do such things. I guess I just love seeing the looks on my little guys' faces when I show them what they get to bring to school for their friends. I just want them to have good memories. The cookies weren't hard; just time consuming. I also made something for the boys' teachers that I'll add to another post.

(There are about 70 here, by the way... I made extra for the daycare kids.)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

And here to think all of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names. Bah! :)


Reindeer cookies:

Ingredients:

Refridgerated Peanut Butter Cookie dough (Did you REALLY think they were from scratch? Bless your heart!)
Mini pretzel twists
Mini Reese's Pieces or M&M's
Regular sized M&M's.

Directions:

Dough works best straight from the fridge & the less handled, the better!

Make a 1.5" ball of dough and press into about a 1/2" thick oval shape, leaving a bit more dough on one end. Press a pretzel on each side of the thick end, molding the dough around the pretzel. Transfer to cookie sheet. Add mini candy eyes and a red M&M nose. Bake at 350 for 10-14 minutes.



“A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand” ~ Unknown

1 comments:

Deb said...

Cute cookies! Thanks for including the recipe :)