CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 15, 2008

I'd like to thank the Acadamy.

I owe a huge thanks to many people in my life that have given me so much support in getting my business moving along. I couldn't have gotten this far without any of these people.

First and foremost, my husband Marc. I can't begin to tell you everything he's done to help me. He's picked out my cameras, made my soft boxes and other lighting, set up backdrop stands, carried numerous big props (like the Christmas set fence), went prop shopping with me, created watermarks, installed software, rigged up the computer in various places in the house, taken the kids out of the house so I could shoot in peace in quiet, helped create my busines card, created my logo, given me his honest opinon, and then some. Not to mention, he's currently busting his hide finishing my studio downstairs. He has given me a tremendous amount of support and encouragement. Thank you, Marc. Thank you endlessly. Your efforts do not go unnoticed, no matter how stressed and cranky I become.

Secondly, my dear friend Deb Thompson. Deb is from Cadillac, MI and is also a photographer. We met by chance in August and were instant friends. She is a wonderful, beautiful person with a great sense of humor and a heart of gold. I feel like I've known her for years. Deb has given me endless business advice and shared so much with me. She's also encouraged me so much and I know she has faith in me because if she didn't, she'd be honest with me about it! :) She tells it like it is and has helped me more than she will ever know. Thank you so much, Deb. I can't tell you how much you friendship and mentorship means to me every day. Check out Deb at www.debthompsonphotography.com. She specializes in wedding and boudior photography and I guarentee you will love her!

Next on my list is my sister, Angie. A few years ago, Angie was in a horrible, life-changing car accident. What she was left to endure was unfair beyond words, but it has not broken her spirit or her willingness to give of herself to other people. Angie set this blog up for me! She knew I was procrastinating and took the bull by the horns. She did a great job. She also has given me a lot of encouragement, and her approval is so important to me, because she's one of the most important people in my life.

One of my greatest "promoters" thus far has been my friend Tonia C. She has given me so many opportunites! Had it not been for her, I may have never come to take Mike & Wes' senior photos, which was such a huge turning point for me. Tonia seems to have so much faith in me... I can't tell you what that means to me.

Thank you to Aunt Vicki for making me such beautiful tutus and costumes!

I've gotten a lot of support from many of my loved ones, but I'd like to also thank my dear friend Becky S., my Mom, Jason C. (Yes, you, Jason... Andee's Dad. :) ), Diane W., Amanda C. , Jess McQ, my sister-in-law Kelley, and the Cox family for going above and beyond in the encouragement department and realizing that this is more than just a hobby; it's my dream.

Thanks to everyone, including my wonderful in-laws Ron & Carol and my awesome Aunt Carol for checking out my blog every now and again.

Thanks to Joy R., Nathan & David's mom, who apparently have been talking me up all over town. :)

I'd also like to thank my dad for teaching me in life to go for what you want, no matter what the risks. To not be afraid.

I'd like to thank everyone who has allowed me to photograph them and/or their children. I know as a mom how important it is to capture these times in life and am honored that you put your trust in me.

Thanks to Vanessa at The Scrapbook Nook (located next to Harbor Cinemas in Ludington), who agreed to let me put out business cards at her store without even seeing my work first! :) If you haven't already, stop by and pay her a visit. You'll be glad you did; she's a total sweetheart! www.ludingtontalks.com/profile/TheScrapbookNook

Thank you to Brandi Rummer of Brandi's Hair Salon (located next to Sunsations on James St.) who not only makes me look fabulous (no seriously, she's the best in town!) :D but is also allowing me to advertise at her place of business. Make an appointment at 231-843-4678.

Thank you to Melody of Melody's Consignment Boutique in downtown Ludington for being an awesome, sincere human being and for letting me advertise in her beautiful store. Stop by and check it out for some GREAT deals on like new clothing and accessories!

I know I'm probably forgetting someone and I'm SO sorry for that! Please know that every word of encouragement is so appreciated from you all. I promise I won't let you all down... I will see this through and I will be the best of the best someday!





"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone." ~G.B. Stern

1 comments:

Deb said...

Beth,
Thank you so much for the kind words. Not only are you going to be a very successful photographer, you are very good with the written word as well (that's a skill I need to work on :) ) I'm so glad we met--one of the very positive things to come from this day job! So glad I've been able to help you with your business. Btw, the blogsite looks fantastic!!!