CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Wes.... a two-trackin' bass fisherman!

Mike (of the former post) and Wes are best friends and have been for quite some time. Hence, it was fitting for them to have their senior pics done together, just like they do everything else together.

We did some really nice studio shots first, (will add photos)

then moved on to Riverside Park:

Photobucket


Wes & Mike wanted a few photos of them together to remember all the great times they've had during high school, and I was happy to oblige.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


After, I followed the guys to Wes' grandpa's house, set in one of the most beautiful countrysides I'd ever laid eyes on. Wes, his dad, and his grandpa are big-time bass fishermen and even compete in tournaments all over the state. It was important to Wes that some of his photos were of him on the bass boat. So important that he drove me across the lake to another location to get some shots. I had a good laugh about this afterward, saying I was pretty sure no one would ever give me a boat ride during a photo session again. (Little did I know what other adventures we'd go on that day!)

Photobucket

Photobucket


Wes has spent quite a lot of time at grandpa's house, hunting and fishing on the property and just enjoying the view. The next significant location he wanted to shoot at was on top of a HUGE old ski hill that overlooks miles and miles of beautiful woodlands.

In order to get on top of that "mountain", we took Wes' truck down a two-track path and climbed that beast of a hill. It was great! I was reminded of all the fun I had growing up as a small-town country girl in the little town of Pinconning, MI. I have to admit, though, when we got hung up going up the hill for a moment, I was a little nervous! Luckily, Wes has been on the hill a lot and we made it safely. Again, not sure if I'll ever get that experience during senior pics again!

Photobucket

One of the most special people in Wes' life is his grandpa. Grandpa reluctantly posed in a few shots, which I really love, because you can almost feel how close these guys are. I'm sure when Wes finishes his senior year and heads out into the world, he'll continue to make him proud.

Photobucket


And, of course, the shoot wouldn't be complete without some of Wes and his good 'ol truck!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you again, Wes and family, for allowing me to capture Wes at his best. I had SO much fun, and between Mike and Wes' shoots, I really don't think any other senior portrait session is going to be quite as adventurous!






"Wherever you go, go with all your heart." ~Confucius

1 comments:

Angela said...

LOVE your photos! Keep em coming...But I must add, better you than me! lol Wnat me to get you some cute pink waders just in case you need them while out on a photo shoot?