CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

About me

A little background...

My name is Beth

Photobucket

and I'm a full-time Administrative Assistant and part-time photographer from Ludington, MI. I am currently working on getting my photography business moving along, so this blog will document my journey and showcase my work.

I'm a mom of three (Logan, 7, Jackson, 5, and Elizabeth, 2)

Photobucket

and wife to Marc,

Photobucket

the wonderful man who gives me 100% support toward reaching my goal of becoming a successful photographer. (He also buys me fancy cameras! :) )

My passion for photography began with an obsession for scrapbooking. I was constantly trying to capture my boys' personalities on camera and wound up with hundreds and hundreds of photos.

By the time my daughter Elizabeth was born on October 1, 2006,

Photobucket


I'd become quite a paparazzi mama. I dedicated myself to having a mini photoshoot with her every month on the 1st for her whole year & also did some fun stuff for the holidays. We had a lot of fun (okay..... MOM had a lot of fun...) with tutus, bunny ears, tiaras, bee costumes, etc. Here are a few from that time:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was working with a little point-and-shoot, but I managed to achieve some cute shots. I started getting a little more experienced as time went on, so my hubby bought me a new camera to play with. It was a Fujifilm Finepix S6000fd and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who isn't quite ready for an SLR but wants to move beyond a basic point & shoot. It's a great camera and is as close to an SLR as you're going to get.


Photobucketa>

Photobucket

Photobucket

Upon getting such a fun camera, I went hog wild taking pictures of the kids. Pretty soon, every other person that saw my photos said I should try to get into photography professionally. One day out of the blue, I asked myself, "Why not?" I told Marc what my plan was and he was all for it.

So... that's where it began. Next post.... First "official" photoshoot. Stay tuned. :)





"Stay away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that. It is the great that know that you too, can become great."

-Mark Twain-

0 comments: